Sexual misconduct is when someone with institutional power acts in a sexually inappropriate way towards someone with less institutional power. If is useful to familiarise yourself with the full definition.
It is never ok for someone to make you feel pressured into doing something that you do not want to.
Goldsmiths takes sexual misconduct very seriously and will take action to respond to/prevent it from happening.
Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the Goldsmith’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support by filling in the form with your contact details.
University Procedure. If you choose to name a member of staff or a student in a report to Goldsmiths, there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow. This may include Goldsmiths carrying out conduct investigations.
Goldsmiths Support for Students
- Goldsmiths Sexual Violence Liaison Officers (SVLO). Our SVLO's are specifically trained and available for advice and guidance on further support options and for ongoing wellbeing support for students. Appointments can be booked through the Student Wellbeing Service by contacting email@example.com
- SU Advice Team. The Students' Union provides a confidential, non-judgemental and free service available to all Goldsmiths Students. It is independent from the university, so issues with the advice service will not appear on your Goldsmiths file without your consent. The advice team provides specialist advice and support on academic issues such as concerns about your university experience, formal complaints and appeals, disciplinary hearings and academic misconduct investigations
- Campus Support Officers. This staff team works out of hours as a first point of contact for absolutely anything, seven days a week 6pm to 6am. They are based in Loring Management Centre (Accommodation Office/Security), in St James. You can contact them on 020 7919 7284 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Goldsmiths Support for Staff
- Staff Assistance Programme. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year support
o Confidential support, and is independent from Goldsmiths
o Accessible via phone, e-mail, instant messaging and website
o No cost to you
o Professional consultation, counselling, information, resources and referrals to services in your local area
o No limit to the number of issues you can get support on
- Staff Counsellor. The staff counselling service aims to offer support promptly.
- Trade Unions. Goldsmiths recognises two campus trade unions. UNISON and UCU. Staff who are members can contact them for support and advice.
- Staff Wellbeing. Goldsmiths has a staff wellbeing hub on Goldmine where you can find a variety of initiatives developed to support staff.